Biddick Academy takes pride in the fact that it is an inclusive community and we believe that our uniform helps to generate a sense of equality and community. It is very important that parents, carers and students support our uniform policy as this reflects a commitment to the school and its ethos. Please note, that Academy uniform is not open to personal interpretation and, when buying school uniform, please refer to this document only. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the Main Reception.
- Plain white school shirt buttoned to the neck with school tie
- Plain black trousers to the ankle
- Plain black straight or A line skirt of appropriate length
- Biddick Academy logo v-neck grey jumper
PE Kit Compulsory
- Plain white t-shirt
- Black shorts / Black leggings / Black tracksuit bottoms
- Trainers must be worn during PE lessons
PE Kit Optional
- Football boots for football and rugby
- Biddick tracksuit top
- Plain white T-Shirt with Biddick logo
- Plain black leather or leather style shoes
- Leggings must not be worn as uniform
- Jeans / Jean style trousers are not acceptable
- White shirts must be tucked into trousers and skirts
- Grey V-necked jumper must not be tucked into trousers or skirt
- Outdoor coats are to be removed when entering the Academy building and are not to be worn in classrooms and corridors
- Plain black leather style trainer shoes are acceptable (e.g. Converse or Vans)
- Suede and canvas shoes are not acceptable
- Student Planner – issued on the first day in September
- Pen, Pencil, Ruler, Rubber, Calculator
- Reading book – available from the Academy library
- Severe haircuts including patterns are not acceptable
- Hair should be a natural colour
- Rainbow or brightly dyed hair colours are not acceptable
- Body piercing is unacceptable and must be removed – covering piercing with a plaster is not acceptable
- A watch may be worn
- Discreet make up may be worn
- No false / gel or acrylic nails – students will be required to have them removed
- No brightly coloured nail varnish
- Mobile devices must not be seen or heard anywhere in Biddick Academy after the point of entry into the school at any time. This includes before school, break and lunchtime and afterschool.
- The point of entry is the back gates and the front student gate (by the top yards).
- Mobile phones devices must be switched off and in bags/lockers. The mantra is phones should be ‘off and away’.
- Any mobile phone seen will be confiscated by a member of staff.
- Students may collect confiscated items at the end of the school day.
- Parents/carers will be asked to collect confiscated items if they have been confiscated 3 times.
- The Academy is not liable for any theft or damage to property brought into the Academy
- If a student contravenes the Uniform policy then parents will be informed and asked to rectify the breach within 48 hours.