At Biddick Academy we want everyone to:
- Be part of a safe and respectful community
- Feel happy, valued and empowered so that we all thrive
- Aspire to be the best we can be
- Act with integrity
- Nurture resilience and independence
- Have the attitude and character to excel in life
- Have a desire to learn and work with passion, purpose and pride
Every student and staff member is equal and we want everyone to receive the support they need to be happy and successful. We offer support to all students in our school community around LGBTQ+, whether they identify as being in the LGBTQ+ community of otherwise.
How to access support:
- Speak to your Form Tutor or Head of Year.
- Attend the PRIDE group which meets weekly.
- Speak to Mrs S Dickson – Deputy Headteacher or Mr C. Brown – Assistant Headteacher who lead on LGBTQ+ support across Biddick Academy.
There are a number of online organisations that may be of interest:
https://www.stonewall.org.uk/ Stonewall Youth
We are working with ‘Educate and Celebrate’ to support our LGBTQ+ work in the Academy. This sits within our focus on each of the Protected Characterisitcs within the Equality Act 2010. We are working towards achieving Bronze Accreditation and promoting a culture of equality, inclusion and social justice.
Equality, Diversity and the Protected Characteristics are embedded within the curriculum at the Academy. Please find the attached document which provides examples of where you will explore these ideas within the curriculum.